Sunday, August 05, 2007

Shoe me lor

Shoes. Scarpe. I never care much for shoes. Now I have almost 30 pairs and dress myself based on what's on my soles. So you can imagine my dismay when my favourite green travelling pair gave way over the weekend (the sole cracked and broke) and I have to throw them away. Bwwwaaahhaaa! I should have bought 3 pairs of it in different colours. Yes, shoes are like a good bra; you should really stock up on a great find.

The good news is I have another excuse to buy a pair to replace it, but I didn't have much luck shopping yesterday so I convinced F to sell me her red pair (haha, that's what best friends are for). My dear friends also bought me vouchers to treat myself to a new pair of running shoes when they found out that I have the same pair since college (that's 14 years ago!) But I still love them - a pair of black Filas - despite the cracks showing. I'm a hoarder, so shoe me. When I see a good thing, I cling on with my Cancerian pincher till it's sadly time to let go.

That's why I'm probably one of the few people who still has her childhood collections of stickers (since 7), colouring books (since 6), seashells (since 8), old smelly bolster (since 15) and clothes (since 20 - yes luckily I can still wear them!). Call me old fashioned but I am a sentimental fool.

No comments: