Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Countdown to Italia

The countdown has began and it'd be another 12 days to next Sunday when I'd board the flight to Italia with Ferne. Elena would be picking us up alla stazione centrale di Milano (I'm looking forward to the 4-hr train ride from Roma! I soooo loooove trains) and she already planned the itinerary during the 3 days of our stay with her famiglia, including her husband Alberto and carissimo figlio, Paolo. One of the places we'd be visiting is Camogli, a charming fishing village near the famous town of Portofino, where good fish and vino await. I looked it up and it resembled the quaint villages of Cinque Terre, where I visited in Liguria.

Gosh, I still have to buy a few things for the trip - gifts, travel insurance, sunblock, toiletries - practise my italiano (help!) and most importantly settle any outstanding work. More projects had poured in at the last minute and I hope the girls'd be able to cope without me for a month while I galivant in Italia! Good thing we got an intern to join us in Settembre for 6 months. I'm also praying that I'd recover soon from my persistent cough which has been bugging me for a month now. The kind doctor said it might be an allergic cough and had prescribed a stronger medicine which gave me such a high. Arhhh, shiokiest...

No comments: