Friday, August 31, 2007

Italia qui io vengo!

Allora 2 more days. I had done all my handover at work and bought more presents including the wedding gift for Luigi's cousin, my self-designed postcards for tutti, an old-skool lantern for Paolo and mooncakes for Elena e Alberto for a tea party at their garden in Milano.

Yesterday as I was looking thro' my drawers, I found a pretty journal - a present from Elg 2 years ago before I left for my Europa-Italia 2005 trip. Inside, he had scribbled a message "C, I hope you find what you're looking for. From me, I hope you find the peace you so dearly need. Love, E. Happy birthday!" I was grinning so much I had to sms him to thank him and I told his wife M what a sweet man he is lah.

Funnily it made me reflect the different reasons for these two long trips and how different I am from 2 years ago. 2005 was all about rediscovering strength and freedom. Without that miraculous self journey, I wouldn't be who I am now. This time, 2007 is going to be a self-indulgent treat and also to thank those who starred in my Italian escapade - I never imagined I'd meet them again! Of course, I wouldn't forget to count my blessings (everyday!) and am so thrilled to be able to share this unique experience with my best mate Ferne. We're soooo prepared to stuff our faces silly with proscuitto e melone, pici pasta, panforte, tortellini, Lambrusco, ecc!

No comments: