Thursday, July 28, 2005

Sunset del Mar

This morning, I woke up feeling a tad homesick as I dreamt of my sis, friends and cats. But I got over it soon after our daily breakfast buffet of Iberico jamon and cheese on toast on the lovely open terrace overlooking the harbour against the bluest sky. Our favourite lunch hangout as usual was Cafe Sidney and James had to eat his own words after saying aloud why would we want to hang out at a place called Cafe Sidney in Ibiza?! While I tucked into a mountain of avocado and smoked salmon salad (the tais tais' fav choice), J filled himself with a burger and fizzy coke (the coke somehow tasted the best here!).

In the evening we sped down in a cab to the Sunset Strip at San Antonio and lapped up the amazing sunset. At 9pm the big red glowing sun teased by slowly dipping beyond the horizon and the appreciative mobs went mad with applause and wolf whistles to the backdrop of chillout sets at Cafe Del Mar and Mambo. J loved it.

No comments: