Sunday, July 31, 2005

Art of doing nutin´

I couldn´t believe I was saying this but I'm getting bored here in Ibiza (ok, shoot me!). It had only been a week and there were 4 more days to go. I told James that we needed to get out of this rut of doing nothing but eat, sleep, laze by the beach, bake under the sun and watch as our waists thickened by the hour! That guy could really sleep like a cat - he napped after breakfast, lunch and dinner (don´t worry I´m not bitching behind his back, he knows it!) I got so bored I dragged myself out of the cool air-conditioned room and plugged into my i-pod browning under the sun for 20mins to the internet cafe near the old town.

Plus I needed the exercise. We had been drinking everyday from barrels of lagertop in London to jugs of Sangria, Cava and beer in Spain. I was seriously sick of the food in Spain - argh. I just wanted to detox with some plain fish congee (none of that pescado soupe) or satiated my craving for my instant noodles with one egg, minced meat, 3 prawns and some freshly chopped coriander. Hmmm... not another pasta, tapa, burger, pizza, pork chop and paella per favore!

Not to sound like I´m whining, I woke up everyday reminding myself how blessed I was to be doing this and I still had 2 whole months ahead of me! The reality of travelling solo was creeping up on me and it was at once thrilling yet daunting. Ok time to repeat my daily mantras by reading ¨The Way Of The Traveler¨. Today I shall leave you with this thought from the book:

¨My journey is mine. The goals I would accomplish on my journey are mine. I will bring back the golden fleece of my own perfected self. The goals I choose direct me to the center of my being. In that secret, sacred place, I dwell serenely full of the understanding that comes with wisdom, faith and courage.¨

2 comments:

fernz said...

wow finally we hear from u n after 1 week of bumming in ibiza u're complaining?! altho i can imagine how commericalised it must be there, esp with El Chupito gone!!!! how can???!!!

Carla said...

Hey guys, I miss you guys so much I can cry. And as much as I love to publish more pics of us, its very hard to do that at the internet cafes. Anyway keep the messages coming. I need all the support I can get. Love ya all!