Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Lazy Ones

As the holiday kicked in, I was beginning to feel really, really lazy and happly realxed of course. A classic sign was when you found yourself humming out loud to some silly made-up tunes stuck in your head. Someone please stop me! *Grin* And I should be updating my blog more often but it's hard when you get back after a long day of sensory overload and a few lagertops (ok I only had one yesterday!).

Today we had spent the whole day walking after a full English breakfast; checking out the fabulous Salvador Dali exhibition (mind-blowing shit) at County Hall, the West Minister Abbey and Big Ben across the River Thames. We then strolled past no. 10 Downing Street and the Queen's House Guards, where we tried to stare the horses and guards down. They were scarily still.

Our tourist trail continued (bear with me) from the bustling Trafalgar Square to Leicester Square, Picadilly Circus and Covent Garden where we stopped for our first pint at the White Lion (ok I shared it with James!) and chomped down the Cornish pasty (looked like our curry puffs but damn good - try the pork & apple at St Ives). There were more shops than I recalled at Covent Garden but everything was still expensive despite the sale (so no presents ladies! haha).

We ended up in Soho and Chinatown homeground (where I noted Young Cheung and Wong Kei!) and bought some ridiculously expensive Chinese ingredients for the dinner which I promised Lucius. Imagine a bunch of withered kailan was 2.25pounds = S$6.75, yucky poo! After getting over the shock with a pint at the Tottenham Court pub, we went over to Lucius' new flat at Finsbury Park where I whipped up some Hainanese chicken rice in his tiny kitchen for him, his flatmate, J and I. Everyone gobbled it up which was a good sign!

The next day J and I went to Chinatown again to buy roast meats and vegetables for another fabulous homecooked dinner for our hosts before our departure. After dinner, we went out for drinks with Simon (J's hilariously flirtatious friend from Liverpool) at these 2 bars where we also met Zoe who went to college with the DJ Seb Fontaine! Then there was DJ Tomski, a Canadian who was spinning at Sand who said he could get us a stay at The Hilton Barcelona for 50 euros (but it never happpened!).

1 comment:

The Pseudo Designer said...

hey set up a tag board leh. and you drink so much beer everyday...better work hard in the grape fields otherwise you'd come back nicely fattened up like a pregnant cow! hahah!