Friday, June 29, 2007

Matrimonio di nuovo

This Thursday, I got invited to yet another wedding - this time by P, my classmate, who got hitched to his longtime Italian partner I, who flew in with her mom from Padova. Era molto unico - brief (thank god) and beautiful - at the decade-old Freemason Hall (one rarely gets a peep inside, you have to be 1. male 2. sworn in as a fraternity bro). After that, we all sat down at the tavern-style hall below for an early lunch at 10am where the wine flowed readily as the speeches and tears.

P made a touching speech peppered with some well-rehearsed jokes while the Freemason brothers' laughter soon became louder and louder with more vino and whisky consumed (by now it was only 11.15am). I managed to get some great shots of the couple (she in a gorgeous sari and he in a penguin tux) before the Indian ma-ma cameraman nearly knocked me unconscious with his heavy-set camera. The poor guy was so apologetic but I jokingly said I'd send him the medical bill. They'd be having 2 more celebrations - one in italia this settembre and another Hindu ceremony next January which we are all looking forward to.

No comments: