Monday, June 11, 2007

Don't Auntie Me

Just yesterday when I was admiring my friend's antiques at his new place, some little girl came up to me from behind and said 'See auntie, look at what I've made'. I looked around and saw nobody, realising she was speaking to me - that little minx whom I felt like saying who you calling auntie huh - but I just faked a smile and cooed 'Ooh what a lovely mushroom you made.'

Che depresso. I complained to my best mate F and she said 'Yeah what, face it. We're aunties already.' It didn't help that my 32nd birthday is looming on the horizon. That's why I loved it when the lecherous hawker uncle always greeted me 'Xiao mei (little sister)' or 'Mei nu (bella)'. Better enjoy the compliments now when I can - si, even from a 60 year-old greasy carrot cake seller.

Anyway I've been rather occupata the past week ever since I gotten an official letter from the Italian embassy, asking me to present myself and selected translated documents including a medical report - that'd pronounce me safe to be let into Italia for the scholarship (yay, no HIV, VD, TB!).

Work aside, I've also been planning a cat photo exhibition - a personal project close to my heart - that will showcase fun snapshots of kitties by me and my friends during our travels. Do visit this link for more - www.gattidelmondo.blogspot.com

No comments: