Sunday, July 01, 2007

Neapolitana festa

As we entered July, I had begun the countdown to Settembre when I'd step on that plane to motherland where I can finally stuff my face with all the good food I miss! Anyway a big shout out to mio amico L whom I met in 2005 at Napoli (who thinks I write rubbish on my blog! Blaaah che stronzo!). He has kindly invited me 'la scema' to his cousin's wedding in Napoli - woo-hoo! - knowing how much I love a good festa. Already we are both salivating at the prospect of the 10-course dinner served alongside un fiume di vino (river of wine). Eat your heart out!

IL MENU
Aperitivo (to set the mood)
~
Antipasto (10 different kinds of frutti di mare!)
~~
Primo Piatto (3 pasta for first course!!)
Sfiziose alla Fontanina – misti formaggi e salumi
Fettuccine ai frutti di mare e soute di cozze'
Linguine allo scoglio, assaggio dello chef
~~~
Secondo Piatto (2 meats!!!)
Grigliata con carne mista
Sorbetto al limone (to cleanse palate)
Cosciotto di vitello (more meat!)
Mozzarella olive e grana
~~~~
Dolci
Macedonia con gelato
Torta e buffet di dolci

Note: Dancing to live music is highly recommended, in fact, it's compulsory to burn off the 10,859 calories in between courses while trying not to drown in the river of wine.

Note to myself: Practise elegante dancing moves, with possibly equally drunken strangers while trying not to vomitare from all the good food and river of wine.

No comments: