Sunday, June 17, 2007

Babies alarm

On Sunday, we celebrated the first month of Kieran, my cousin's newborn who was a bundle of joy. His brother Javier was a little minx and giggled as mia nonna placed his baby brother in his lap which tickled him no less. My cousin J and her husband are only 24 and they have already 2 boys - at times I envied them a lot but then again there were trade-offs that I wasn't sure if I was ready to embrace.

I'd always love kids and had a deep materal instinct - perhaps it was the Cancerian nurturing nature. My earliest goal was to have 2 kids before 30. However when 30 came and went, I thought ok maybe I'd just aim for 1 kid by 35. At this rate with my 32nd birthday coming up in July, I feared that my shot at motherhood is quite slim because it means I'd need to get married in the next 2 years and get pregnant subito. Hmm just thinking of it turned my hair white. I have all these plans coming up and I'm having the best time. Will I ever be ready?

1 comment:

CB said...

Well, u are sweating..i am too.. :P