Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Slow food per favore

Bored out of my mind and raring to fill up my social calendar, I was quite intrigued when my friend told me of a certain dating website where she had attracted lots of 'hits'. So yesterday I filled up my profile page just for laughs (who knows right?). I submitted this picture of me in Krabi but was rejected by the webmaster - bloody hell - turned out I must submit a proper mugshot (wah lao, pai-seh man).

But that also got me thinking - how do I describe myself without sounding lame? Fun-loving, independent, creative soul looking for like-minded mates? (Don't laugh!!) Looking for guys who are kind, intelligent, fun and curious about the world. Psychos/rapists/serial killers need not apply! So my fellow friends, if you want to help me, please describe me and my 'dream guy' in your own words (you know where to reach me). I wanna hear you out and see where I stand in the popularity poll.

Anyway I just finished an excellent book titled "Fast Food Nation" which is a fascinating expose of the industry. To quote the author Eric Schlosser, I wholeheartedly agreed that in the new century, if we want to co-exist and benefit from each other without butchering our planet, "brands should be regional, diverse, authentic, true to their roots, sustainable and humble"... "this new century may bring an impatience with conformity, a refusal to be kept in the dark, less greed, more compassion, less speed, more common sense, a sense of humour about brand essences and loyalties, a view of food as more than just fuel. Things dont have to be the way they are." Hear hear. Go read it.

No comments: