Saturday, September 23, 2006

Gratitude sickness

Woah, a quick check revealed over 50 men on the 'Who's Interested In Me' list. The mean age was still hovering around 50 but luckily there had been a few younger dudes including a 31 year-old African-American guy from Florida and a 26 year-old medical student from Washington - looking for someone "who likes lots of exciting, passionate and adventurous sex.. can we be two horny rabbits together?" Hmm. Cage me please. P.S in case you were wondering - I hadn't replied to ANYONE!

I was just lamenting to F about the number of people especially locals who'd describe themselves as 'simple and nice'. "Hi, I'm a simple and honest guy looking for... / Hi' I'm just a easygoing simple girl... etc" There are like thousands of adjectives one can use, so I didn't really grasp why the fu%k they want to call themselves 'simple'. Who the hell wants anyone simple? And nice is such a lame term -you can call me witty, adventurous, even bitchy but please don't say 'nice'. F retorted 'Aiya, simple people want simple people - they belong together.' Simple as that.

Yesterday our ALOFQ (A Lot of Food Quickly) group had a tapas-themed fiesta at M & E's casa and I was quite happy with my patate tortilla (potato omelette). The food was molto delizioso as usual, from M's pillow-soft tuna croquettes with aioli and N's asaparagus wrapped with bacon to C's fideua (seafood paella made with fideos angel-hair pasta - think Spanish hokkien mee). C bought me a packet of cute Amorini pasta curls and aged mozzarella cheese from his recent NY trip (mucha gracias) while Q also gave me a packet of dried porcini funghi from Italia - I couldn't wait to cook them with my organic risotto.

I love Sundays; it is always a good day for sleeping in and quiet contemplation. I like to hole myself up in my bedroom and filter my feelings and thoughts for the week. On a particular evening this week, I was in one of those greedy-self-pitying-I-want-more-now moods and so today I've reminded myself to be grateful for all the things in my life. Despite the occasional pangs of frustrations and numbness of boredom, I am grateful for the roof over my head (even if it means living with my parents), to be grateful for the material comforts (and being able to afford my 31st pair of shoes), to be thankful for the wonderful friends I've known (and how we have grown!), to be fortunate to be doing what I enjoy (and getting to work at 10.30am!) and to love my 3 cats and enjoy their warm snuggle in bed. Purrr...

No comments: