Monday, April 14, 2008

Spore hi-flyer

After the past year of shooting the incomplete Spore Flyer from the autostrada, I finally took a ride on it last Sunday on F's 33rd birthday. It was her treat to us and her family, and I must say the 42nd storey observation wheel surpassed my expectations - def quite comparable to the London Eye although it'd not be fair to compare the landscape. Ours is ever changing as we could see from the ugly mass of construction at the IR site to the waterfront stadium at Marina.

It's funny how so many attractions revolve around height and vistas (think Eiffel Tower, Great Wall, Umpire State Building ecc). Maybe it's the high we get from on top of the world. Fortunately F had gotten over her 'high' and hangover as a result of her festa al No.5 pub last Friday. She had overzealously downed a few very strong martinis which others were offering me too. I refused agreeing with them I'm a loser and weak arse. I've learnt my lesson not to cave in to bravado.

Anyway I could see her puke wave like hot lava rising up her throat and she had to push her way thro the crowded pub to the toilet at the back. I threw down my half-mangled chicken wing (the best in town incidentally) and fell on top of her when she also missed the steps. It was quite hilarious but we made it to the bagno where she did a prompt 'merlion'. Nice. I felt my own wave rising up and had to squat down to calm myself while this stranger soothed her with a sweet. We dragged her sodden arse to outside for some fresh air where she vomitato some more... And it was only 11pm.

The party continued senza her the next day at Giovanni's where we had a tapas and Sangria fiesta. We had bruschetta with mixed olives, anchovies, grilled sausages, asparagus with bacon, fried mushrooms, clams in vino, and my Spanish tortilla. Just peel and slice 5 potatoes, fry them in olive oil till almost done, and add 6 beaten eggs seasoned with some mixed herbs, pepe e sale. The egg will form a caked layer around the patate and resemble una torta when you cook both sides. Facilissimo.

1 comment:

kohster said...

Deh, did you see Lee Wei there? He working as a manager at the Singapore Flyer.