Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sette anni itch

Last Friday we finally put together our office warming festa and invited nearly 50 of our closest friends and family to indulge in some really kickarse Indian food from Jade of India (our client). Apart from beer, wine and other spirits, I also set up a 'Mojito Mojo' corner - it turned out better than I expected. I melted brown sugar in advance and flavoured it with mint, and pre-cut the limes. Inspired at the last minute, I bought lemongrass stalks to muddle and mix the rum, mint, syrup, lime juice, fresh lime and soda. Buoniiiissimoooo.

It was a double celebration too as we were celebrating our company's 7th anniversary. Si, time just flew by! I had to say we had some trying times (imagine 4 women having PMS at the same time, not fun) but our friendship and love for what we do kept us on our toes. And I have to say I love you guys and am grateful for your support which has allowed me to run off to my motherland on numerous occasions. As part of our expansion plans, we have been interviewing some candidates for the PR executive position. It wasn't easy picking someone who would fit into our tight set-up. And we outrightly reject those applicants who think they are BFF (best friends forever) judging by the way they write in to apply for the job. "Hihi, i hear you r lookin' for an exec and I'd like to meet up for a chat!' Tehhhh! How can they write like that?

Anyway on sabato, I chauffeured my folks in my bro's Fiat to the wake of my mamma's godma. Funnily weddings and funerals are occasions where you'd catch up with people you haven't seen for years. In this case, I haven't seen my mom's godsisters for 23 years since I was a 10 year old punk. Inevitably they'd ask 'Wah you so big already. Are you married? Got boyfriend?" My folks came to my rescue and said 'No she doesn't have yet, still looking for the best one." After that, we drove to our old haunt at East Coast food centre and said hi to some of the hawkers there. It was actually quite fun getting lost in the car with mom and dad, and then stuffing our faces with laksa and fried hokkien mee.

No comments: