Sunday, April 20, 2008

Birthday gals galore

This weekend was coincidentally the birthday celebrations of three gals in my life - mia sorella (31), la mia amica Qin (34) and la figlia of my colleague/friend - Emma (1). It's amazing how fast kids grow up. She was just a newborn this time last year and now she's running albeit un po' unsteadily all over the place. Today she was wearing the blue dress I got her from Bangkok and was looking so carina in it.

Before Emma's tea party, I had also treated my mamma, nonna, zia, sorella and her boyfriend to lunch at Zhou's K, a relatively new Cinese ristorante in town. After some dim sum and half a Peking duck, we took a quick tour of Telok Ayer street where nonna used to stay in her youth and where she gave birth to my mamma. It was an interesting history lesson for us and a walk down memory lane for nonna as she pointed out her home almost 6 decades ago in the shophouse where Manna Korean restaurant is currently located. She said our great grandpa (whom adopted her) was a kind man who ran a successful business allocating coolies to visitng ships at the port.

No comments: