Monday, April 07, 2008

Newbie on the block

Life was quite uneventful for the last 2 weeks so I haven't been very motivated to update my blog. The only highlight was our new working environment at Circular Road behind Boat Quay. For those not quite familiar with this part of Spore, be sure to avoid the dodgy end which thankfully we are NOT located at. We're kinda stuck in between the chao-ang-moh end and the dodgy mix of loud mamasan karaoke pubs and ah-neh clubs. And no, we haven't send a fruit basket to our ground floor neighbour Black Pearl pub; don't think the ah bengs will appreciate organic strawberries. It's a nice central site though and every morning, I strolled down the riverfront feeling quite pleased with the views.

Right across the river is the Arts House where we'll be having the cat photos exhibition in May - arggh! - a reminder that I need to get crackin' on it. Entries have been steadily streaming in and I managed to secure sponsorship for printing the photos. Cool bananas. I'm also excited that right after May, I'd be packing my bags for my motherland Italia again! Luigi is already sourcing for a nice monolocale (1-room appartamento) at Perugia and we're making plans to tour the Umbria region especially around the Trasimeno lake. Non vedo l'ora di andare - subito!

No comments: