Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Down and about

It is low times like this that I want to punch the wall or bite my lips to stifle a silent scream. Implodero'. It's not so much feeling lonely or bored. I've no major problems being single nor do I lack any things to do. A volte it's the emotional isolation that can kill. I realised in Perugia when I was on my own - that no matter how interessante una persona, lui/lei is only as dull as the brick wall staring back.

I was lamenting to F that I couldn't seem to find a kaki to hang out for a happy hour birra and some decent conversation these days. Everyone seemed so caught up with their own lives. Maybe now's the time for me to get back on the dating circuit - boh - extra motivation on top of my agenda to have babies before 35.

La vita e' certamente molto fragile. This week I received two tragic news - a former colleague J is at an advanced stage of lung cancer and some people are planning to visit him, probably one last time. He's only in his 40s and is happily married with kids. And my friend's cat Travis killed himself (I've yet to find out the details). I went home and hugged Jarvis et al every morning and night.

No comments: