Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Postcards from Italia

On the days when I get stressed like this freakin' porca settimana, I'd turn to my belle snapshots of Italia and sigh out loud. Each shot allowed me to relive that very momento. The colour of the cielo. How bright the luce. Who was with me. Who wasn't there. What I was thinking. Why I laughed. I had been so preoccupata at work that I lost any motivation to study italiano and felt more stressed by fearing that I'd wake up one day and forget all of it. Arrgh. Sara possibile??! Che incubo.


My bedside bible currently is the luminous green Collins dictionario, which is a window to my mondo of nuove parole. I feel like a nerd sometimes, running my highlighter over the words that jump out at me. With nothing much on my afterwork social schedule, I finished 'Bella Tuscany' and would move on to 'Cercasi Niki Disperatamente' di Federico Moccia. Si, it's in bloody italiano (grazie Elena! :) I kept reading aloud the back page, opening paragraph and was stuck at pagina 2. Adesso devo continuare - forza! Dante's 'Divine Comedy' also awaits quietly atop other reading materials. At this rate, I just might finish it by next summer before I leave for Italia!

No comments: