Saturday, August 13, 2005

On the run again

I woke up at my 10th hotel this morning with the TV on, recalling the various places I have slept in and how strange I was slowly getting used to it. There were the 3 hotels in Barcelona alone which included Meson Castilla - great value for the 'penthouse' suite with a glorious terrace's view at 100 euros a night. There was also the 3-star Roca Mar (at a freakin' 150 euros a night) in Ibiza, affording a breathtaking view of the lifestyle-of-the-rich-n-famous port. So far my favourite was the 2-star Kyriad Hotel in Avignon (70 euros) as it was very cheerful and homey with a cosy bathtub and the windows overlooked the square action below.

On another thought, I was constantly mistaken for a Thai, Filippino, Vietnamese and even a Peruvian once in Ibiza, the weirdest I ever had! No wonder Ferne's dad called me a red Indian Poncahontas!

The weather in Europe was dry and I had to wax myself down every night with shea butter and facial cream. No wonder the angmohs developed wrinkles so fast! We should actually be grateful for the humid weather back home because we get to keep moist and stay wrinkle-free for a longer time! Thus the good thing was most people thought I was a 19-year old student backpacking on my own. Hahahaha!

No comments: