Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Travelling tales

My travel itch has been acting up and I'm thinking where next - literally begging L to take a weekend off so we can be whisked away to a faraway isle villa (ok no need very faraway lah). I'm hoping to get away for a short jaunt before July when I already chob 3 weeks leave so I can pack my bags and hit the road again - maybe even on my own, since L's career is uncertain. We are manifesting his dream job and good news are just around the corner! Yes and so be it!

Anyway I've completed a few travel articles including a 6-pager on NZ for F+T mag, and these 2 gorgous spreads for F.B. Mag which is yet to be published. Here are the sneak previews in low-res. You can't beat the joy and pride in seeing your own works in print; the extra pocket money is also welcome. I'm still wondering if I'd publish a book - maybe if I were to live abroad one day.


Reading others' travel tales also inspire me especially if it was as well written as "Head Over Heel - Seduced By A Southern Italian" by Chris Harrison. He's like L, except he gave up everything in Sydney to move to south Italy to be with his woman. I read somewhere - people migrate for 3 main reasons - career, war and love. Love is always the most inspiring reason, isn't it?

No comments: