Sunday, January 13, 2008

When there's a will

My gran had a minor stroke last week and it scared the shit out of us. No doubt it was a mini one, it was still a stroke. She was so weak when we rushed her to the A&E room at TTS and the damned doc wanted to discharge her despite her high blood pressure (218!) and signs of numbness. Luckily we insisted on admitting her and they found out after doing scans. She's fortunate to recover so fast but I think it was a 'warning' to her and us to pay attention to her health. We all love her so much that it was heartening to see the family rally around her. We couldn't imagine losing her - this bright spark of a ballbreaker - in our life.

La vita e' molto preziosa. You gotta treaure every fleeting moment. Sometimes I lie in bed and wonder about death, living and legacy. Just last month, I got this mother-of-a-claustrophobic momento when I thought about 'me' being trapped in my body. Who is 'me'? What am I doing in 'me'? Where am I going? Who are 'you'? Why are you in you if you know what I'm talking about? What is your mission in life? Truly bizarre. With that, I decided to add another resolution -- to make a will. It's about bloody time; I had been procastinating it for too long. Everything will naturally go to my parents if I expire before them. I even told my amiche Ferne and Fiona that I'm setting aside S$10,000 for each of them (and my sis too) to make a trip to Sicily to scatter my ashes at the volcanic Eolie islands.

Those 2 bitches complained I should give them more money to rent a villa and italian giggolos. I think I'd ask Luigi to go and make sure they don't have too much fun. He'd smack their arses. Speaking of the devil, he'd be coming to visit me in February - yay, finalmente - another overseas amico (after Cristian)! We can't wait for his first trip to his dreamland - Asia - where he'd be spending CNY with my famiglia and amici. Poi we're heading to Koh Samui for 5 days as lazy sunbathers with a Singha in hand. Make that many Singhas. L owes me una fabbrica. Anyway I'm so happy he finally took the leap. Bravissimo!

Chinese New Year is creeping up soon and I have 1) springcleaned room 2) gotten a new red top 3) cut and coloured my hair at my mom's salon. I usually don't share the same stylist with my mamma - I never forgave the last one who schemed with her and permed my hair into a Ronald Macdonald hair-do when I was just an innocent 10 year-old. Si, era bruttissima. Anyway the pretty salon-owner today offered me 10% discount saying 'Oh we only give to university students'. I stifled a giggle and declined the kind offer, confessing I'm 33 this year (dammit!). She said 'Oh I thought you're in early 20s. You have a baby face.' Woo-peeee!

No comments: