Saturday, January 26, 2008

Vomitare girl

I puked my guts out last night. And it wasn't even my birthday. We were out celebrating A and P's belated ones at this ristorante S at Robertson. The food was so-so (disappointing appetisers) but we lapped up the rose' and pinot noir on the rather limited wine list - followed by my choice of Italian sparkling vino and moscato d'Asti at a nearby wine bar. We were having such a great time untill someone mentioned The word Tequila. Out came shots for everyone to toast the birthday boy - for old times' sake.

Then evil b-boy insisted on another shot for me and him. I swallowed. Then spat it out into the shot glass. Then swallowed it again at their insistent boo-ing. My head was spinning and I remembered saying I want to vomitare before passing out. The surge of puke crept up slowly but surely. I jumped up and rushed to the toilet. It had been a long time since my face was so upclose to a public bowl. Molto disgusto. I love you guys so much. Thanks for the memories.

To make things worse, I got a morning wake-up call from the Ikea delivery man on sabato with a mother of a hangover. He was early; I wasn't expecting him till late afternoon. Mastering all my sober strength to deal with my mom's relentless demands to do 1 million at a time, I gutted my room to make space for the new bed and furniture. Gone with the junk to welcome a new beginning in 2008. No more excess baggage.

No comments: