Monday, January 21, 2008

Sari princess

Finalmente I could wear my expensive hot pink-green sari again at the hindu wedding ceremony of P. The first time was at F's wedding and it was a hoot. I feel so girly like a princess everytime I wear it. And si, I'd much rather don it than a tight-fitting cheongsam for the simple reason I'd not be able to pig out. On Sunday, I had to stifle a giggle as I stepped out of the lift and an auntie stared at me as if I had 4 legs. I smiled at the taxi driver who didn't smile back - bo, no sense of humour or curiosity.

At the temple, there were a million pairs of shoes but luckily we didn't have to remove ours for the ceremonial hall upstairs. P and his italian wife Ila looked like a royal couple resting on the dais while guests went up to congrat them. A few Indian guests came up and complimented me on my choice of sari, yipeee. Again it was a worthy investment - I figured I'd break even at the 10th Indian wedding or Bollywood themed party. Dammit, I should have come earlier to impress President N and the other VIPs. We then proceeded downstairs to lunch on vegetarian food with lime juice (si, there's no alcohol, rather bizarre considering we were surrounded by a horde with a penchant for birra and whisky).

I hurried home to change and went to Ikea and bought a new bed frame and mattress. I figured I needed a new prop to kickstart my love/sex life - it's a fengshui thing lah. And I'm trying to persuade myself to rid of my most treasured 17-year-old smelly bolster. It's really disgusting (trust me, you should see the saliva marks lol) and I was really surprised at how some exs had not commented on it. Although having said that, an ex was jealous of it and asked me to keep it in the wardrobe everytime he slept over - I reluctantly relented and felt so bad. I was so devoted to it and it was to me. To prove my point, the ex is gone but it remains a bolster of strength and affection for me. I think I'd keep it longer at least untill after next week when I'm done with my lipoma surgery. I'd need its comforting hold.

No comments: