Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sew & sweat project

It has been a sticky weekend a casa, with the temperature soaring. Two showers ain't enough. L went to work on both days, already drenched in his sweat before stepping out. I might give him a sweat gland removal operation as his birthday present in October. Last night I brought mamma, nonna and zia to surprise L at his workplace. It was nonna's first pizza at age 78 and she had second helpings, followed by tiramisu and a sip of cappuccino (too much foam, she agreed). She's always so adventurous, all the more now keen to try everything after her stroke.

Anyway I just lazed at home, read papers, watched crap tv, cleaned room and finally got down to my sewing project today. I had bought this 2metre of fuschia pink cotton stretch fabric few months ago and couldn't figure what to do with it. Somehow I was inspired and tried my hand at making a simple tee-shirt dress. Mom, the ex tailor, laughed at me as I cropped the fabric against my t-shirt. She was laughing even louder but this time impressed, when I presented my final work, complete with a black belt for maximum effect! I could wear it to sleep and party. Spurred on, I sew a tank top and strongy octopus-centipede toy for the cats. So clever hor. *Pat pat*

No comments: