Sunday, June 22, 2008

Buon Viaggio


Che weekend! Last Friday I organised a bbq party for my jc amici and a few close kakis and it was good to see everyone. Half of them are married with kids, including V the sabo king who used to be the biggest drunk/joker of us all. Now he has an eight month-old baby and another bun in the oven - that's catching up big time! Then on Sabato, SQ organised another lunch bbq for me at her new appartamento on Mt Faber, which is molto carino. I was sweating in my short catty dress and rushed to my spa mani/pedi appuntamento with F before we sank our teeth into sushi and sashimi at Sun/Moon. Br was back in town and we met him and Giovanni at the new Helipad bar which didn't impress us with their sucky drinks list and self-service policy. So L-C for such a posh place. We aint bringin' our own drinks to the top pad!

Feeling rejuvenated and inspired, we trot over to Velvet Underground and knocked back some apple shooters and the still grossly lethal Long Isle Tea. Soon, we were giggling and twirling on the dance floor, in between trips to the Ladies and trying to ignore the loug gags of some Chinese tourists puking in the next cubicle. Naturalmente I woke up on domenica with a mother of a hangover which some fried beehoon and hot tea could cure. After a haircut, mamma, me and sis cycled leisurely to the Loyang temple to pray for my safety. I had done 90% of the packing and now just have to tackle work before giovedi! Sono troppo eccitata - can't wait to spend this coming weekend a Roma!

No comments: