Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Art of Being Idle

I can't believe I'd be in Italia in 2 weeks! The study visa is being processed and the sponsored Emirates air ticket's confirmed (it's a 3am flight via Dubai but I can't complain). The emergency Asian foodstuffs (including 40 servings of miso soup, assorted curries and my fav instant porridge & mee) and necessary toiletries (concealer, lotion, tampons) are stored. I've brought out the brand new Luggage (my lucky charm) and ticked against a list of 'Things To Bring' to help stay focused and pack light. My mom and sis both commented that it's so small but travelling light is my guiding principle - trust me, you'd feel lighter too.

I love my luggage - it's sign that this trip will be different from my backpacking sojourns. It's also a sign of my faith because funnily I bought it before I won the scholarship because my mind's already set on it. My amica said that's The Secret. Bo. To me, that's the power of positive thinking which translated into realita'. Anyway I should be reading up my italian textbooks but I'm currently hooked on Tom Hodgkinson's 'How To Be Idle'. It made a lot of sense and I realised I've been subscribing to it most of my life. And I shall make it my motto for this trip - being idle will surely make me inspired and inspiring. As Mohandas K. Gandhi said,
“there is more to life than increasing its speed.' Namaste.

No comments: