Saturday, December 01, 2007

Such a Scan-dal

Last week I waited almost 2 hours to see the surgeon at SGH despite having an appointment. He spent less than 5mins examining Lipoma and advised me to go for a MRI scan to ascertain that it was indeed all fats *fingers crossed* Blurf#ck me didn't know what it is or how much it costs, and nearly fainted when the nurse said it'd be S$960! Porca putana! I'm heading back to square 1 and getting a referral from a poly clinic so I'd get subsidised - half price. Anyway once I get the MRI out of the way, I'd remove Lipoma before I get used to petting her like a parrot on my shoulder every morning.

On giovedi, Q and I went to the launch of 'Italian Genius Now' at Emily Hill, which was part of the Spore Design Festival. It was not as impressive as we imagined but at least we got to practise our italian. I think I better brush up, perche saro' troppo pigra e dimentichero' tutto che ho imparato! Gulp. So today I took some drastic measure: besides dragging myself to class, I also signed up at a language exchange website (got 3 italian men who wanted to be my friend!) and said 'si' to a dinner invitation from a Sicilian chef whom I've met once before. We somehow had a few italian exchanges on FaceBk and decided to meet up and chat in person - at of all places, Iggy's! Ero un po stressata! What should I wear so I could stuff my face without splitting my dress?!

He turned out to be such a gentleman - held out chair, offered Champagne, laughed at my every joke (cos I molto funny mah), paid at least $600 for the dinner (si, era troppo) and offered to send me home in cab. Wah, I hadn't been treated like a lady for so long now. Maybe it's time for me to get back in the dating circuit! Anyway here's another Carla's tried and tested recipe - enjoy!

Creepy Crepes all Nutella e Banana

Ingredients:
3/4 cup flour
Pinch of salt
2 eggs
3/4 milk
1/4 water
Nutella
Banana

Method:
1. Mix flour and salt together and create a well in the middle.
2. Mix eggs, milk and water and pour this mixture into the middle of flour-salt.
3. Be sure to blend them gently and sift the mix carefully so there's no lipoma lump.
4. Heat up a non-stick pan and pour half a laddle of the batter, quickly spreading it out thinly to cover all of the pan's surface. Flip it over to brown both sides. Make funny creepy faces once you have mastered it!
5. Serve up crepes with lots of nutella and sliced banana. Yum!

No comments: