Friday, November 16, 2007

Nostalgia per me

As one gets older, one becomes more nostalgic. The sentimental fool in me sobbed when I asked the garanguni (is it spelt right?) man to take my baby-sized decade-old 14inch monitor away, to be replaced by a brand-new flat screen on my office desk. If I could, I would use it till I grow blind from squinting. But as it was, I could feel my eyesight failing.

Some good news this week! LTA replied to my letter and came up with a standard PR reply that I was anticipating. But it was a reply nonetheless saying they're doing their best to avoid the trees in the line of fire. I also saw the workers transplanting some younger trees so that's pretty cheery.

What also made me chirpier was that Harpers Bazaar wanted to feature me and my partners in the Jan 2008 issue, woooo-peeee! They'd be doing our hair and make-up for a photoshoot this Wednesday, so we were kinda stressed out over our outfits! Not exactly high-fashion slaves, we hoped our humble wardrobe would pull it off!

No comments: