Sunday, September 30, 2007

Il giorno dopo

I cried my eyes out last night. It was all L's mamma, Melina's fault. We missed each other and she was telling me what a brava ragazza I was and that I'm welcome at Pozzuoli anytime. That opened the flood gates and I just couldn't stop once the tears flowed. Anyway it was about time; I had been keeping it in since 24 hours ago. It was a really good cry, the kind of sobbing that used up a pack of tissue.

I managed to sleep at 4am after putting on some aromatherapy and chatting with L who was surprisingly not painting the town red after my departure. We missed each other's company - after all we had spent the last 10 days together day in day out. Now it was back to MSN which was not the real thing. My eyes were puffy even this morning but I managed 7 hrs of sleep, getting up a few times to let the cats in and out. Che cazzo meows.

I drove my mom and cousin's boy Javier to have lunch with my dear nonna, aunt, uncle, sis and her fidanzato Alv, and stuffed my face with cinese food. My aunt asked if I wanted pasta and Nonna was so gleeful, asking me if I had 'fun' in italia. The men were jealous when I told them about the football game at Napoli and we were already planning to go to a match next year. We didn't have room for the dolci but I gave them some sfogliatelle and aragoste to try at home.

It was amazing how much a baby could grow in a month. Javier's brother Kieran - now 4 months - was a bundle of joy and giggling so much at the slightest stroke of his chin and ruddy cheeks. I could kiss him all day.

No comments: