Saturday, January 13, 2007

Flush per favore

Just 2 weeks ago on a lazy afternoon, we heard a persistent meow from downstairs our office and when I got down to investigate, I found the tiniest kitten in the filthy drain choked with dead leaves and litter. It was calling out desperately for its mamma who was nowhere to be found. Ming and I were brokenhearted just listening to it (for a small fellow, it had powerful lungs). Suddenly the rain poured and from our window, we could see it being flushed out of the drain! We screamed at each other and ran down with an umbrella and box in time to scoop up the wet, trembling furry ball.

They say you don't adopt a cat, it adopts you. In this case, 'Flush' has made itself comfortable in the office's pantry-library, after an all-clear by the vet. It was only 5 weeks old when we rescued it but we were planning to give it up for adoption. So anyone who's keen, please contact me - it's an extremely affectionate responsive white kitten with brownish-orange patches and grey eyes (toilet-trained already and sits quietly as a lap cat too).

If you're wondering why we didn't adopt it, that's because I have 3 big pussies at home already - Jarvis, Ripley and Mimi who will all probably use Flush as a scratching post, while M has her Tiggi and a baby on the way. Our intern has gone back to school and now it's just us in the office, except for V who has met her Italian stud for the first time in Italia since they met on the dating website. Yay, I'm so happy for her since he didn't turn out to be psychotic and she's having the best time of her life. See, it IS possible to find love on the net! Okie, I'll re-activate my account - err just I can practise my italiano lah - ah but then! (Un grande bacio per i miei amici Eka, Qin, Andre e Prab) Sono molto contenta che posso studiare e parlare la lingua di nuovo. Ero preoccupata che ho dimenticato tutto!

No comments: