Monday, December 11, 2006

Natale gia

I was in one of those particularly pathetic sorry states today. Listening to Andrea Bocelli's stirring yet achingly sad songs about amore made me felt worse. I suddenly could emphathise with Cameron Diaz's character in 'The Holiday' - tried as I might, no tears came. Carzo. Sometimes what everyone truly needs is a good cry.

With Xmas just next week, I was immensely relieved that I'd be escaping to Angkor Wat for some peace, mediation and self contemplation. Merda, I haven't finished my Xmas shopping yet! Argh. Ok let's try to squeeze some proses from my pea brain. Darn, I haven't written a single decent poem since 'Paola Alessandro' in Italia last Settembre. Niente had come close to such inspiration. Ah-ha. I found some scribbles in my mobile from last Dicembre - hmm, here goes:


A Casa
A blissful twirl and leap
she wrapped her arms tight
prancing in a precious jewel box
far removed from all to see
At that moment lost in fleeting seconds
she was hynoptised by a quiet rhythm
of the gently lapping sea
of the caressing breeze
The prickly cacti
sparkled like studded gems
In the blinding light
high atop the volcanic ashes
The wet polished pebbles gleamed
like rough diamonds under her feet
As the cold currents retreated
and the sun shone down eternally
she knew she was home
finalmente a casa

~Carl 2005/6~

No comments: