Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Felice anno nuovo!

Hmm, yesterday I got a most bizarre sms from Alessandro' best friend Alberto a Spoleto saying "Sabato prossimo! a casa mia! brindisi di fine anno! dalle 20 alle 8! ti aspetto!" (which meant 'next sat at my place from 8pm to 8am, I wait for you!')

He gotta be kidding right? I suspected he might be drunk when he sent me the invite. My reply: "Ciao alberto, sei pazzo! Non posso andare li perche sono qui a Spore. Credo e' un sbaglio ma grazie. Salute a tutti. Divertivi alla festa! Baci" (which translated to 'hi, you're crazy - I can't go there cos i'm here in spore. I believe it is a mistake but thanks. Hi to all. Enjoy yourselves at the party! Kisses')

And the funny thing was he actually replied "Non e' uno sbaglio! La festa e' per il mio compleanno! mi farebbe immensamente piacere se tu venissi! So che e' quaso impossibile comunque l'invito e' valido! complimenti x il tuo italiano! bacio! spero presto di verderti!" He insisted it was not a mistake and would please him immensely if I went to his birthday party, although he knew it was near impossible. So sweet lah him. I remembered Alberto fondly as he was always jolly in the background, with a wine glass around hanging around his neck or making a wise crack which I didn't quite get. I wanted to ask him if Aless was dead as he was MIA for 6 months. Funny that we both didn't mention him. Boh, non me ne frega niente! (Ok fine, i do care but what can a girl do?)

Anyway I hadn't packed my backpack yet and I'd fly off on the Friday 6am flight. Good thing was everything's planned; A and I will meet up with Giovanni and Moira at Siem Reap which is a cool 14 to 18 deg C. I hope to update my blog at some point in time on the trip but if I don't, avere un fantastico natale e felice anno nuovo! Buon appetito e salute tutti!

No comments: