Monday, October 14, 2013

Cooking Up A Storm

 


My healthy colourful salad for office lunch

Can I declare that I loooove to cook? It's so fun to dream up recipes and discover new ingredients and how to cook them right. Over the weekend, I bought beetroot and boiled them for 30mins in salted water before peeling them to add to truly yummy salads. I also sliced the skinny Japanese cucumbers and pickle them with some brown sugar, chilli flakes, sliced shallots, lime juice, salt and pepper.

I also made a Grilled halibut fillet with tomatoes and garlic on Sunday - and it's so easy and tasty! I didn't know halibut is so cheap ($1.80- $2.00) per fillet at NTUC Fairprice. There are many ways to prepare the fish and this is just one of them. Enjoy!


Here's the recipe to share:

Grilled Halibut Fillet 

Ingredients:
2 x Halibut fillets - can get from most supermarkets
10 Cherry tomatoes - halved
3 Cloves of garlic - finely sliced
2 tablespoons Olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Chilli flakes (optional)

Method:
1. Season halibut with salt and pepper in a roasting pan/tray, then add garlic, chilli flakes, tomatoes and drizzle the olive oil over them.
2. Grill in preheated oven at 180 degC for about 20mins till fish is cooked.
3. Serve with any green salad or mashed potato or polenta.


No comments: