Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hello Bunny, Bye Kitty

Ok I am being cheesy as always but it's true, we have to say sayonara to the Year of The Tiger and hop into the Year of The Rabbit with new promises and dreams. Chinese New Year came swiftly after the year-end celebrations, a reminder of how quick time flies by in a blink and what the f#%K I'm doing with my life! I'm constantly reflecting on this, especially after reading the excellent book "The Element" on finding your element and re-reading "Eat, Pray, Love" (just realised the writer Liz is Cancerian and as neurotic as me).


Anyway I had spent a super chilled 5 days in December at Saigon with my sista and folks, slurping up pho and chomping down on fresh paper rolls. It was our first time there and our conclusion was it's a tad over-rated (especially the attractions) but no complains over the food and kind hospitality. However we very much prefer Hoi An and Hanoi where are more charming.

Already L and I are looking forward to a 3-week summer vacanza in Italia and attending the bello matrimonio of his sister Linda. If all weddings are like their cousin's grand affair napolitano-style, we're in for a treat. Just thinking of the delizioso multi-course 8-hour lunch is enough for me to pick a looser dress (no way I am skipping the mozzarella!). Her future in-laws and family are also flying in from USA and the Philippines, so I won't be the only Asian at the wedding. Such a interesting wedding it will be.

Love is in the air :)
Looking  back, 2010 has been a rewarding year - with 2 new additions to our office. We are certainly gonna celebrate our company's 10th anniversario in style and pamper ourselves with another spa outing. We just had a AGM to figure our plans ahead before time slips away. I find that I worry too much (Cancerians are the worriers among all the signs) so my foremost resolution is to stop worrying and still the mind. 

Other new mottos are to:
- embrace abundance and celebrate everyday's opportunities
- wear more colours and be adventurous and have fun with fashion
- get creative and sporty again to inject more spirit into my soul
- and to stop worrying - so be it!

No comments: