Friday, April 27, 2007

New babe in town

Un grande bacio per Emma, la figlia della mia amica Ming, who was born last Thursday. She's a carbon copy of her parents indeed and I got to hold her in my arms as she stared at me, a vision in black and white (newborns are colour blind). Ooh babies bring out the maternal instinct in me! For the longest time, I'd always wanted to have a baby, even going as far as stuffing a pillow underneath my shirt and stroking my make-believe tummy. I wanted my first bambino before 30, but the deadline has passed, and now I look forward to bearing one before 35. Now I just need to work on a sperm donor!

Anyway with Mother's Day coming up, I just want to send a big kiss to all you mommies out there, especially Elena e Paolo (who has grown so much!) + Jessica and Ben in Chile + Jenny and Javier (my hamsome nephew in S'pore). Si, kids are a chore at times (so are some of the adults I know) but I think the best part of children is that they're a living legacy of us - our physical likeness, heritage and values. Sadly, a lot of people are opting out of having kids these days and birthrates are plunging everywhere. Someone once told me that Italians are a dying breed becos they're not reproducing enough. I think I will just have to sacrifice myself and mother a few Chin-italians. Ha.

No comments: