Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Semplicemente perche

Sorry folks for missing in action for the past weeks! Work has been punishing which is always rewarding for the business' year-end bottom line. I had finally taken a term's break from my italian class and will start again in January 07, semplicemente perche e' piu difficile adesso! Devo fare la practica prima di continuare il corso.

Thus the good news was I'm back on the Friday's partying circuit - yay! - and enjoying myself meeting people and getting pissed (ok my limit is still 5 drinks)! The irony is I've weaned myself off the dating site and my social life has taken a turn for the better...

Ok I promised my dear Romanian friend Cristian that I'd mention him on my blog (this will thrill him to bits!) and so there, are you happy now?! *grin* He's one out of two amici that I've maintained from the site (l'altro e' Paolo di Mantova che sara sposato il marzo prossimo) And guess what? Both speak italiano! Si, I'm linguistically biased! So sue me.

Anyway this week's lesson/topic is all about Men's HUGE ego + their lame inability to communicate their frustrations = which will be their biggest downfall and explain why they die earlier than women in general. This is my conclusion from hearing various similar accounts from my poor girlfriends who are pulling their hair out because their partners are shutting them out from their problems and instead choosing to sulk and punch walls. Guys, wake up! Share your feelings/ fears/ thoughts/ inspirations with us. It is perfectly OK to be vulnerable, weak, insecure, cry and seek help. Relationships are all about communication, va bene?

And most of all, do not put WORK above your family, friends and personal aspirations. The last thing you'd be thinking on your death bed is not what work you have not completed. If you do, you deserved to be buried with that thought.

Chew over this quote of the week:
"Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom
Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power"
- Lao-tzu

No comments: