Saturday, November 12, 2005

Staying On Course

This was unbelieveable but I actually stayed away from cigarettes since my last stick at the end of September! Si, sono fermata fumare perche voglio essere bella e giovanni per una moltissima volta! (Yes, I've stopped smoking because I want to be beautiful and young for a very very long time!) On the flip side, the withdrawal had me craving for anything dolce - cioccolato and gelato were the main culprits responsible for my thickening waist. Just yesterday, I flexed my 'gelato tummy' to my best mate in a retail changing room where we were trying on numerous dresses. And let's just say she wasn't impressed and laughed her head off at my jiggly belt-and-underwear 'Wonder Woman' look. Still we managed a few great bargains and I paraded in them for my gatto but he seemed quite nonchalant.

Adamant to lose my extra tyre, I took my set of wheels (bicycle lah) around my regular haunt Pasir Ris park after my pranzo di pasta alla verdura and made it my mission to also capture the beauty in my surroundings. The rainforest canopy was truly bellissimo in the dying light and the sunset blazed a crimson trail across the 7pm evening sky as I rode back sweaty and happy.

No comments: